Our new baby boy was born yesterday, 11/11/2009, at 11:11 P.M. His name is Luke Glenn Bair. He is 19 inches long and weighs 6 pounds and 6 ounces. We were eating at Cafe Sabor with an old Army buddy of mine, Thayne, and his wife Krystal, when Melissa started to have her contractions. Things moved pretty quickly as we arrived at my parents house to pick up Jack. My mother, Bonnie, was more than happy to keep Jack while we rushed up to the hospital. We made it to the Logan Regional Hospital around 7:00 P.M.
Melissa had an epidural and after about 4 hours of patient waiting it was time to push. They had everything all set up and Melissa started pushing at around 11:05 P.M. Literally 5 good pushes later our new little one was born. He is small for his age (two days overdue) and so they are taking extra precautions to watch his blood sugar levels but so far everything is checking out fine.Melissa did a wonderful job and I am very proud of her. She is recovering just fine and I can see sadness in her eyes every time Luke is taken out of her arms for any reason. We are excited to play the two child game and can't wait to introduce Jack to his new little brother.
We are pretty committed to wait a few years before having anymore kids but I don't know how long I can wait because now I want two little girls.

4 comments:
Congratulations Steve! He is adorable! You guys are brave! Ours are thirteen months apart and I thought that was wild! Good luck to you! Take good care of that wife of yours! It sounds like she is a champ! Enjoy that family of yours!
Congrats, he is just beautiful. Must have been that mexican food, yummy. I am jealous, I want another little boy. Take care.
congrats to you both! He's beautiful.
He's so cute! Congratulations! Having two boys is definitely work but so much fun. I love seeing my boys play together. We are so happy for you!
Post a Comment