Label Cloud

Family (19) Google (1) Jack (9) Luke (7) Photos (6) USU (2) Videos (2)

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Blood Work

     My friend Trevin Prince has found what I consider to be great success with some of his latest artwork.  I have known Trevin for almost ten years now and I have always admired his artistic abilities.  I am intrigued with his methods which may be viewed as unconventional or even unsettling to some.   Through a very controlled and professional process Trevin has painted some amazing artwork with his own blood.  This method isn't a prick of the finger followed by finger painting on the wall.
     I may alter this post as I learn more about the process.  My current understanding is that Trevin's blood is drawn at a hospital by a nurse.  He then mixes it with a resin to create the medium for his work.  The older the blood is, the darker it gets.  I am really amazed by some of his work and I encourage you to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment