Most of you have a preferred search engine that you have been using since middle school. As for me, I have gone through the search engine mill twice over. I started early on with Yahoo. I then discovered Webcrawler. I dabbled with Altavista, MSN, Lycos, and many others. Once I discovered Google, I haven't looked back. Thank you to James for introducing me to it.
I only used Google as a search engine for many years. My sister Sheba started using Google Picasa Web Albums to send photos to family and friends. With it's corresponding Photo Viewing/editing software, Picasa turned out to be another great option for me. This opened my eyes to the wonderful world of Google. I now use Gmail (Google email), Google Maps (similar to Mapquest), Google Earth (explore the earth from the convenience of your PC), and now Blogger (blogspot.com) to create this blog. There are many other Google applications and benefits but I'll let Google explain all that. If you are even slightly interested please click here to learn more; http://www.google.com/intl/en/options/
Although I haven't explored all of the Google options, I haven't run into any yet that are a pay-to-use service unless you need more storage space in which case you can purchase additional. With Gmail you get a dynamic amount of storage space, that is, they are continually upgrading the amount of space you have. I currently have 7385 MB (7.4 GB) of total storage space for emails at no charge. That is a lot of storage space!!
I recently downloaded Google Chrome, a web browser. I don't have a real opinion on it yet but it boasts speed and security. It is also visually pleasing with many unique themes to choose from. Perhaps I will dedicate a post to Chrome after I have more hands on time with it.
Now I'd like some feedback. Have you used any Google applications? What are your opinions about them. What search engine, browser, and so on do you use or prefer?


1 comment:
Happy Birthday Jack!
Post a Comment