Label Cloud

Family (19) Google (1) Jack (9) Luke (7) Photos (6) USU (2) Videos (2)

Friday, October 30, 2009

My Daily Bus Ride

     My journey to classes every day starts by parking in a far corner of the Logan Smith's Food store parking lot.  Earlier in the day there is no activity in the parking lot, only hurried students and bus patrons rushing to catch their bus on time.  After parking, I make my way to the CVTD roundabout and jump on to the bus covering route 1.  I could get on route 4 because both routes stop at my destination, USU, but bus one guarantees an interesting view into the subculture of Logan City bus riders.
     Practically all of the patrons of bus number one are students on their way to classes, like myself.  I see the same people day after day and I've determined that we must share similar class schedules.  Some of the patrons, however,  seemingly just ride route one to be riding it.  They are there when I get on the bus to go to campus and often times they are there when I catch the bus home from campus.
     One bus driver in particular adds to the strange mix with her googly eyed holographic glasses.  She tends to stir up the mix of weirdos and some strange conversations ensue.  During the coldest day of the season (so far) one man was wearing shorts and sandals.  Another man rides, I'm sure, just waiting for the LDS missionaries to get on so that he can tease them about riding up to campus to see girls (I've heard him tease them about this at least three times now).  One lady pulls the "signal for stop" cord at every stop but doesn't get off!  Innevitably someone pulls the cord for the bus to stop at the main campus stop (the bus stops there every time to pick up people anyway) and at the bus terminal.
     I may update this post as I remember more details or as I witness new and strange bus riding events.

1 comment:

Clay & Tara said...

I agree, I used to park and ride to campus also. Some rides are so interesting I felt like doing an extra loop just to stay and watch the action. For extra fun, ride at a differnt time, it's a whole new show!

Post a Comment